Gas Cylinder Explosion in South Kashmir School Injures Cook and Student

0
121

A cook and a kid received burn injuries in a gas cylinder explosion at a school in the Marhama area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Saturday.

An official told the news agency Kashmir Scroll that a gas explosion occurred at Middle School Jafarpora Marhama Anantnag in which a 50 year old lady identified as Hajira and a four year old kid identified as Zian son of  Mohd Ashraf has suffered injuries .

He said that both were initially shifted to SDH Bijbehara and were later referred to SMHS hospital Srinagar for further treatment, he said.

The woman was a cook at the school and the cause of the explosion is said to be the leakage in the gas cylinder, he said. The fire caused by the explosion has been brought under control, he added. Meanwhile police have taken cognizance and started investigation.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here